Organisations often fail to manage critical business knowledge effectively - Amsphere can help.
Organisations often fail to manage critical business knowledge effectively, losing it when staff leave, during merger and acquisitions or at the end of projects. Knowledge can be trapped in silos, or locked in to specific subject matter experts (SMEs), stopping easy access to parts of the business that require it and putting the business at risk.
Amsphere is a pioneer in organisational memory.
Our knowledge consulting service, underpinned by our unique Kaams® technology, offers clients a distinctive approach to knowledge acquisition that extracts experiential knowledge into visual, engaging multi-media content. Our knowledge consulting service typically covers two primary situations - knowledge loss and performance improvement.
Our team of experienced knowledge experts work with your organisation to identify the business critical information that needs to be protected to prevent knowledge loss. That information is then captured, transformed and fed back into the organisation for the benefit of all. Example situations:
- Insourcing, outsourcing and offshoring.
- Major business change.
- Retirement, restructuring and redundancy.
- Legacy systems - IBM Mainframe/AS400.
- Loss of Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Our knowledge consulting service enables organisations to identify areas of best practice within their business and share that best practice across different functions, sites and geographies, reducing defects and increasing productivity. Example situations:
- Raising the production capacity and quality of a factory by embedding proven best practices from a factory in another part of the world.
- Driving change by enabling the adoption of new systems and processes across employees in multiple sites.
Typical challenges facing our clients
- Ageing set of SMEs managing a complex suite of legacy applications.
- Experiential knowledge walks out the door when people leave.
- New starters take a long time to become productive.
- Expert level knowledge simply not available at the time of need.
- Bottlenecks/single or concentrated points of failure.
- Documentation is not easy.
- Knowledge sharing culture not easy to implement.
Our knowledge consulting service underpinned by Kaams® enables clients to:
- Access to expert level knowledge at any time.
- Enables the sharing of best practice.
- Reduces risk.
- Alleviates bottlenecks.
- Reduces reliance on small group of SMEs.
- Reduces training/induction time.
- Increases productivity.
- Boosts staff motivation.
- Avoids silos and encourages collaboration.
- Reduces cost.
Try us out
- Select an area of your organisation that you think is at risk due to knowledge loss.
- Appoint Amsphere for a pilot engagement.
- Amsphere can deliver demonstrable benefits over a four to six week pilot.